Swimmers Aged: Boys 14 U / Girls 14U
Coach: Hayley Baker firstname.lastname@example.org
This group is for swimmers who are striving to reach the Top Squad and National Level Swimming. Every swimmer going in to Junior Potential should have the aim of eventually reaching the Top Squad.
All Swimmers must have qualifying times, in a minimum of 2 strokes, for the Easter Welsh National Age and Youth Championships.
This squad is aimed around swimmers that have the potential to qualify for National Championships in the future. Swimmers will focus on their Long Term Development.
Performance Criteria: All swimmers must compete in the Welsh Nationals
The commitment criteria:
14 Hours Per Week Available
Attendance is on an individual basis, the swimemrs and parents will be told what they are expected to do on entry to the squad, and again when it is felt they need more training
Swimmers will compete at meets that have been structured into the competition calendar; Swimmers can not compete at meets outside the calendar without the permission of the head coach. Swimmers found to have done this will have their place in the squad reviewed
Swimmers develop from three main areas; Growth, Technique, Training
Training is extremely important to a swimmers development as at certain periods of development they will be more receptive to different types of training. A swimmers ability to train well will have a direct impact as to weather they capitalise on that area of progression. A swimmers ability to train will be evaluated on Work Ethic, Concentration, Skill acquisition, communication, and ability to train at a required pace or volume with out breaking down in skill levels.
Swimmers will need to be efficient in the basic stroke mechanics of all 4 strokes to progress to an age group squad. Areas that will be taken into account will be.
- Distance per stroke
- Stroke Count per Length
- Body Position
- Feel of the Water
- Ability to hold technique and perform throughout a 2 hour session without interruptions on a consistent basis
- Confidence & performance over 100/200/400m races
- Ability to maintain technique, performance and have an understanding of the given set over challenging training sessions
- A basic understanding and discipline regarding land training
- Swimmers will be asked to keep a basic diary regarding stroke corrections and technique points made by coach to improve upon. A small summary of the session with any personal comments is also desirable